This is a guest post by Lisa Consiglio Ryan.
“Fall is the NEW New Year,” according to Gretchen Rubin of The Happiness Project. I totally agree!
I don’t know about you, but over the summer and even in the last few weeks, I’ve been inconsistent with eating healthy and exercising, and it’s getting difficult to jump back into regular routines. It’s perfectly natural to feel bloated from all the indulgences (such as ice cream, BBQ, and frozen drinks). I also had a tough time figuring out my new schedule when the kids went back to school plus all the new evening practices and activities to add to the mix.
It’s also normal to be in a slump with routines. Play time of summer is over, and now it’s time to get back to work.
So when fall arrives, I seem to have this renewed energy; a new spark to set goals and see them through until the end of the year. In my “old” life, I was a teacher and I loved meeting my new class, using pencils with nice, sharp points, and organizing my notebooks.
Something about “back to school” excites me. I feel focused and ready to finish projects and goals for the rest of the year.
How about you? Do you feel the same?
Our bodies are primed at this time of year to accomplish goals, even more so compared to January when we make our New Year’s Resolutions.
During fall, you are filled with inspiration and have more energy to achieve your health goals. You’re more active, creative, and more apt to stick to your routines.
Not only does fall symbolize productivity, it also reminds me of cleansing. AND a great way to supercharge the season is to detox. I’m not talking pills and powders from a box but with lots of greens and whole foods.
Fall is the perfect time to do a detox because you can take a good look at habits and make a new plan. It’s a time to set goals whether it is cooking more at home, working out, or even taking more time for you.
Once you experience a detox that incorporates whole foods and daily activities that support your body, there isn’t anything in the world that can compare to the feeling you get after a detox. You may feel increased bouts of energy, eliminate your cravings, lose weight, reduce bloating and get rid of belly fat. Your mind is clear and focused, and even your mood can improve. You might even glow!
Now doesn’t that sound amazing? Let’s get some of that!
Here are 6 tips for a successful Fall detox:
- Eat whole foods: Try a gentle, clean food-based detox. The first step is to eliminate foods that have barcodes. This means avoid foods that come in a can or box- processed foods. I usually remind myself of this rule when I shop. Also, stick to organic fruits and veggies for your cleanse. You don’t want to add any toxins into your body during your detox. Amazing fall foods are pumpkin, squash, and sweet potatoes. These foods have an extra boost of beta-carotene to protect us from colds and flu which will be prevalent especially in winter. It’s a good idea to get started now to incorporate these into your diet.
- Add green goodness: For you detox, make sure to add in spinach, kale, collards, Swiss chard, watercress, fennel, and mustard greens. The chlorophyll from the leaves feed the blood, and help your body achieve balance. Therefore, ridding your body of toxins becomes easier. You feel cleaner, lighter and have more energy.
- Eliminate added sugar, dairy, alcohol, caffeine, gluten, eggs, animal protein, corn, and soy: These substances are allergens and need to be eliminated while you are doing a detox. Try to keep things as clean as possible.
- Move your body: Of course eating foods that nourish and detoxify are necessary for your cleanse, but the next step is to incorporate exercise. Try gentle yoga, walking in nature, stretching. You don’t want to run twelve miles during your cleanse or do a long bike ride. You will be completely exhausted. Your body is working hard to get rid of toxins, and she needs to rest to restore during the detox period.
- Take time to breathe and meditate: This time is for YOU. So try sitting still for at least 10 minutes a day, breathing in and out. Have a mantra. Be still. Stress is the number one cause of inflammation so do all you can to take a few steps back and calm your mind.
- Determine the length of your detox: Ten days is a perfect time period to feel and see changes in your body. It’s just enough time to really get the full effects of a detox. It takes time to make changes, and your body needs time to adjust to eating differently, getting rid of toxins, and establishing habits. So a cleanse less than ten days might not give you the full results. If you are new to detoxing or want a power-boost to jump start healthy living, then ten days is a good start.
Are you ready to get your detox on this fall?
FREE Fall Renewal 10 Day Detox to a lucky winner! To enter to win simply tell me HOW a detox will help YOU in the comments below. ONE lucky winner will be picked for an amazing Fall Renewal Detox for greater energy and better health!!
Winner will be announced on Oct. 6th.
Lisa has generously awarded ALL commenters a Fall Renewal 10 Day Detox! Congratulations!! Email Lisa at email@example.com with THE MOM WRITES WINNER in the comments to get details and get started! Happy detoxing!!
Lisa Consiglio Ryan is the founder of Whole Health Designs, juicy clean living advocate and mama of two. She loves her Bikram yoga practice, running, and is a mission to spread the word, “Food is love.” She provides detox programs and private coaching for women who desire to embrace clean living.
As a Certified Health and Nutrition Coach, Lisa has worked with thousands in her Renewal 10 Day Detox programs. Her work has been featured in Fitness Magazine, TinyBuddha, Elephant Journal, Kris Carr’s Crazy Sexy Life , The Daily Meal, and Mind Body Green. You can also check out Lisa’s Kickin’ It Clean gluten-free meal plans for plant lovers and Juice Shop.
Contact Lisa at Whole Health Designs: http://www.wholehealthdesigns.com.
Join Lisa and hundreds of women for Fall Renewal 10 Day Detox.
The Mom Writes
Latest posts by The Mom Writes (see all)
- Organization Tips from Our Home to Yours: 3 Things We Do Every Evening for a Happier Morning - September 1, 2015
- The Ultimate Closet Organization Ideas Guide: 22 Experts Share Their Best Tips - August 18, 2015
- 9 Time Management Secrets Every Mom Blogger Should Know - August 13, 2015