As busy mom entrepreneurs, working out of home, we often get so caught up in the routines and schedules, chores and errands, meetings and deadlines, we often forget to pause and be grateful. Yes, I’ve been guilty of this more than once.
So, here’s a list of 15 things that every work-at-home mom should be grateful for, in no particular order. Take your pick or add to my list by sharing in the comments below!
1. The blessing of a job that we love going to
Yes, as a work-at-home mom, I am blessed to have a business that I absolutely love and hate taking days off from. I can plan my business around my life and not the other way round.
2. The blessing of having kids as co-workers
Mom entrepreneurs have the best co-workers ever! Our children! We can see them do their thing while emailing clients, leave a project mid-way to get down and play cars with them, not worry about taking days off when they’re sick and best of all, there’s no gossip or rivalry. Bliss!
3. The blessing of no commutes
I don’t know about you but for me this is a BIG win. I’m grateful I don’t have to drive or take a cab to travel to work, every day.
4. The blessing of working when you want
I work early mornings and leave my afternoons and evenings free for my daughter. Other mom entrepreneurs I know work late at night, once the kids are snug in bed. Yes, we create our own working hours and it rocks!
5. The blessing of working how you want
Don’t want to work at home? Go to the coffee shop or to the park. Want to work in shifts instead of one go? Fine. Yes, we can work how we want without having to justify our decisions to anyone.
6. The blessing of working with who you want
This for me, again, is one of the biggest things I’m grateful for. To a large extent, we have the flexibility of working with clients and on projects that truly inspire and enrich us.
7. The blessing of supportive support systems
Ah yes. We are blessed to have some form of support systems that enable us to live the life we live. A spouse, grandparents, a great babysitter or mother’s helper, a friendly neighbor, the cleaning lady. They’re all part of a wonderful support system that helps us rock our lives as WAHMs.
8. The blessing of coffee, tea or wine!
9. The blessing of Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
I know. These 3 can be real pains in the you-know-what. But to give them credit, they’re also HUGE connectors for us moms. We get to ‘meet’ interesting new people, learn new skills, get organized and do so much more, thanks to these networks.
10. The blessing of The Internet and Google
There isn’t a day that goes by where I don’t give thanks for Google and the Net. Really. My businesses wouldn’t be where they are or even in existence if it weren’t for the Net.
11. The blessing of the presence of generous mentors
Whether it is a blog you read that enriches you or a fellow mom entrepreneur who encourages you, we all have mentors who guide us, inspire us and lift us up. We’re blessed because of them.
12. The blessing of warm and loving blogger friends
That’s right. I have some amazing friends online who I haven’t met IRL even once. They’re my sounding boards and an integral part of my support system and cheerleading squad.
13. The blessing of a paycheck
Isn’t it wonderful to be able to not leave your home and still earn a living? A blessing indeed.
14. The blessing of growing that paycheck
Isn’t it even more wonderful to be able to not leave your home and earn and living and give yourself a raise whenever you’re ready?
15. The blessing of being a mom, a home manager, a wife, a woman
Finally, we are blessed because we are able to don all our different hats with ease and grace.
Blessed to be a work-at-home mom? Click to tweet it out and share it with the world!
What are YOU grateful for? Share with me in the comments.
Photo Credit:Stuart Miles/Free Digital Photos
The Mom Writes
Latest posts by The Mom Writes (see all)
- **NOW CLOSED**[Giveaway] Overcome Social Media Overwhelm with Social Spread - November 4, 2014
- Books and Blogs that Nourished My Soul: October 2014 Edition - October 30, 2014
- Lighting Up Your Productivity and Work-at-Home Life - October 24, 2014