Soaring temperatures, sunny days and a toddler at home all day? Time to look for some fun but frugal ways to keep your toddler busy and happy and what can be better than crafts?! Since am not a natural with arts and craft, I need to look for help and resources and luckily, the Internet is filled with helpful people willing to share their craft ideas and tips. I’d like to round off this 1st month of a full-blown summer here in India with some of my favorite haunts for craft inspiration.
So, here is a giant list of 30 craft sites and blogs for preschoolers and their parents. Bookmark it and you’ll never hear a “I’m bored, mama” again! And while you’re at it, check out Jessica Fisher’s Summer Survival Guide for over 200-pages of super affordable, summer fun.
Arts and Crafts Websites
1. Kaboose : Best part – A cool craft finder feature, lots of lovely galleries and excellent ideas sorted according to seasons, occasions and more.
2. About.com Family Crafts: Best part – You get both a site and a blog and yes, you should totally sign up for Sherri’s newsletter. Again, easy to find crafts for various age-groups, holidays/events, material used, technique, theme and lots more.
3. Martha Stewart Crafts: Best part – You have homemade toy crafts, nature crafts and rock crafts. So cool!
4. Busy Bee Kids’ Crafts: Best part – Most of the crafts are super-easy to make. Plus, they have an edible crafts section too.
5. Nick Jr. Crafts: Best part- You can make crafts according to your child’s favourite cartoon character – Dora, Max and Ruby, Bubble Guppies and more. Love it!
6. Kinder Art: Best part – Hundreds and hundreds of ideas for all sorts of crafts. If I don’t find something at any site, chances are I’ll find it here.
7. Danielle’s Place: Best part – Looking for African crafts? You’ll find it here. Yes, the site has an amazing selection which includes crafts according to country, personalities, states and more. Maine crafts, anyone?
8. Disney Family Fun: Best part – Includes several videos and has a really sweet selection of toddler and preschooler crafts.
9. Enchanted Learning: Best part – Huge resource for everything crafty. Literally, huge.
10. Parenting : Best part – The site is my go-to for inspiration, advice and encouragement and DIY ideas as well.
11. Parents : Best part – Again, a go-to for everything including fun, frugal indoor activities and crafts.
12. Kiboomu: Best part – Besides crafts and printables, the site has songs for kids too and some fun apps as well.
13. Baby Zone: Best part – Has a message board, besides a great crafts treasure chest.
14. Craft Gossip: Best part – Has plenty of craft ideas for older children and some for younger kids and lots for you. Also, they cover tutorials and posts from other craft blogs so you come across some real great finds.
Crafts Blogs by Moms Who’re Awesome at Preschool Craft
15. Come Together Kids: Best part- Laura’s blog has more than crafts, it has fun ideas, recipes and yes, lots of crafts to make the kiddos happy.
16. Make and Takes: Best part – Some of the most amazing yet easy craft ideas can be found here. From paper plate tropical fish to hand puppets, you’ll find ‘em all here.
17. Impress Your Kids: Best part – Has a great mix of Christian crafts along with other regular crafts. Since I’m introducing Manini (our daughter) to the Bible, I often turn to Amanda’s site for craft ideas to help remember verses and more.
18. Create. Celebrate. Explore: Best Part – You can find cake decorating, party planning and crafts all under one lovely umbrella of a site. It is like a candy store with paper crafts, green crafts, kids crafts and so much more.
19. 5 Orange Potatoes: Best part – Some great photos and completely awesome Nature-themed craft ideas.
20. Let’s Explore: Best part – So much more than crafts. You’ll find handmade gift ideas, downloads and lots more.
21. Modern Parents Messy Kids: Best part – besides the name, I love the tutorials on everything DIY.
22. Pink and Green Mama: Best part- Hundreds of activities for you to “Create. Play. Explore”
23. Chalk in My Pocket: Best part – Besides the lovely photos, you’ll love how easy it is to have fun with crafts and kids. I also love the DIY interior design ideas and tips.
24. Tinker Lab: Best part – Really adorable and simple crafts that are high on fun and low on costs.
25. I Can Teach My Child: Best part – Jenae is a former teacher and draws on her experiences to create the most wonderful “lessons” for kids, especially preschoolers. A Ziploc “My Body” Book anyone?
26. Childhood 101: Best part – There is a happy blend of using crafts for learning, play and fun.
27. Crafts by Amanda: Best part – The tagline says it all, “easy craft tutorials for kids and adults”
28. The Chocolate Muffin Tree: Best part – Love the name! The craft ideas are great too since Melissa is mom to a preschooler and shares stuff they do and make together.
29. Filthy Wizardry: Best part – A huge collection of fun crafty gift ideas.
30. Skip to My Lou : Best part – Crafts for all ages from kids to adults.
Note: This list is in no particular order and naturally, some of the blogs are not only about crafts.
Do you have a favorite crafts site or blog? Maybe you write your own art & craft blog? Please share and I’ll be happy to add you to my list!
The Mom Writes
Latest posts by The Mom Writes (see all)
- When a Dream Comes True for a Mom Entrepreneur… - September 18, 2014
- Why You Need the Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle AKA Support for a Wholesome Lifestyle - September 10, 2014
- How I’m Doing with Nourishing My Body This Year AKA My Real Food, Real Weight Loss Journey - September 8, 2014