Here’s another special piece of information for all my readers in and around Delhi and Bangalore. If you know a new or expecting mother and want her to feel special, pampered and relaxed or simply want to soothe away any of her fears and anxieties, here’s the perfect gift – Mom’s Lounge. A completely natural and holistic wellness studio by Mahindra Retail, Mom’s Lounge is brought to you by Mom & Me, the mom-baby store.
I recently had the chance to experience a reflexology massage at the studio and I came away impressed by the thought behind the studio and the services it offers as well as by the people who manage it. The Delhi studio is tucked away on the 3rd floor of the Mom & Me store in South Extension Part -1 and when you step into it, it seems you’ve entered a different world. Pleasing fragrances waft through the air, the music is soothing and the couches invite you to sink into them and rest your tired feet and aching back.
The staff are not only pleasant and courteous but extremely well-informed and qualified. I had the pleasure of speaking with Anika Puri and Shruti Saxena who took me on a tour of the studio and informed me about it various facilities, making me wish that something like this was available when I was expecting my daughter.
The studio has state-of-the-art massage rooms, with special massage tables for pregnant women, a lovely fitness studio for the yoga and exercise classes, a well-equipped workshop room designed to hold group classes for both moms and dads! Another great aspect is that there are absolutely no chemicals involved in any of the massages or therapies. All-natural and perfectly safe for mom and baby. Yay!
Here’s an overview of the services offered by the studio:
- Information sessions on the unique aspects of each pregnancy trimester. They have some really cool tools to help you gauge what the baby would weigh, look like and feel like.
- Preparation for childbirth, breast feeding workshops to help you understand everything there is to know about breastfeeding baby, training camps for dads.
- Baby care and massage workshops to help you bathe, change, massage baby as well as soothe and settle him and deal with common newborn issues such as colic, eczema, nappy rash and so on.
- Prenatal and postnatal yoga and fitness classes.
- A range of massages to soothe away aches and pains and lift up your spirits.
- Personalized, one-on-one sessions with nutrition therapists, counselors, reiki and reflexology practitioners, naturopaths and child psychologists.
I also had the chance to learn about the qualifications of the therapists on board and again, was completely impressed. Anika Puri who is the childbirth educator, massage therapist and reflexologist has trained from the College of Reproductive Holistic Health, London and the Indian Reflexology Center while Shruti is a Lamaze certified childbirth educator, doula, prenatal and postnatal fitness therapist and hypnobirth practitioner from Motherwell, USA and Lamaze International, USA. The others as well are equally well-qualified and trained from institutes such as CMC, Ludhiana, College of Holistic Reproductive Health, London, International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center, Delhi, S.N.D.T., Mumbai and University College London and the Anna Freud Center. So you know that mom and baby are in safe hands, always.
What I loved about the Studio and also why I’m probably gushing about it is that besides being holistic in its approach and attitude, it is a place for moms managed by moms. Isn’t that just great? Who better to understand a mother’s fears and apprehensions than someone who’s also been through the same?
Safe, soothing and so what every mother needs, Mom’s Lounge is a great way to enjoy your pregnancy and once baby is there, have the best time looking after him and yourself, too. So, whether you are a new mom, having a baby soon or know someone who does, you’ll love what you experience at Mom’s Lounge.
Find out more about Mom’s Lounge at www.momslounge.in or drop in at their South Ext – 1 studio at F-47, 3rd Floor.
Disclaimer: The Mom Writes received an experiential at Mom’s Lounge. No other compensation was received for the review. All opinions are mine.
The Mom Writes
Latest posts by The Mom Writes (see all)
- Two Easy and Fun DIY Gift Ideas to Nourish Your Friendships and Your Skin - October 14, 2014
- Eco-friendly Cleaning On a Budget: The ONLY Tip You Need to Know and Use - October 11, 2014
- How to Stay Encouraged as a Mom When Life Gets Overwhelmingly Challenging - October 7, 2014