Another Writing Site to Help Increase Adsense Earnings and Residual Income
Blissfully Domestic is a lovely site with a large and diverse range of articles, readers and writers. While I had signed up earlier, I hadn’t contributed anything simply because it was a non-paying site and I had so much on my plate that I didn’t have the time or inclination to contribute for free. Anyway, recently Angela England (Owner of Untrained Housewife and FW at Suite 101) became the new Editor-in-Chief and changed the site into a paying model. Now, contributors get to keep 99% of their Adsense revenue!
So, I recently started writing for the site in the Green Living section and I must say, it has been quite enjoyable.
How to Apply for Blissfully Domestic
Applying for BD is fairly simple. Here is the link to the guidelines and application. You do need to have an Adsense account in order to make money.
Benefits of Writing for Blissfully Domestic
- Like most residual income sites, this is open for international writers as well.
- You get to keep 99% of your Adsense revenue.
- You can link to one or two of your own blog posts or articles as long as they are relevant to the post being submitted.
- You get to work with an editor. There are 6 categories with 4 columns each, and each column has an editor who reviews your work before publishing it. So, you’re sure of quality content.
- Articles can be 150-500 words long, which makes it really easy to spin them out and create series of articles instead of a long, standalone piece.
- Every article has a link to your site/blog along with a brief bio, that you provide. Good exposure and link juice.
- You only have to contribute a minimum of one article. This could, however, be a disadvantage. (See below)
Possible Disadvantages of Writing at Blissfully Domestic
- Since Adsense has just been introduced, one doesn’t really know what the revenue potential of the site.
- I find the homepage and even, the article pages a little crowded with all the banner ads.
- The site doesn’t yet have a forum where writers can engage, discuss and find out ways to maximize earning potential.
- You cannot use affiliate links in your posts.
- You have a quota of one article every month. Not much at all but if you have a lot on your plate, you may want to think again.
Other than that, I can’t think of any other downside to this new residual income writing site. As I shared in my post on goals for the new quarter, I will be contributing 2 articles each month to the site and will track my Adsense revenue. At the end of the quarter, I will be able to judge better and decide whether I should increase or decrease my productivity.
Meanwhile, if you have been writing for BD or know of another new site, please feel free to share your views or experiences.